Salvation in the Bible
- Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
- Luke 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
- 2 Samuel 22:51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
- Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
- Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- 2 Samuel 22:36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
- Isaiah 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
- Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
- 2 Chronicles 6:41 Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness.
- Psalm 132:16 I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
- Psalm 149:4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
- Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Walls and bulwarks
- Isaiah 26:1 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
- Isaiah 60:18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
- Habakkuk 3:8 Was the LORD displeased against the rivers? was thine anger against the rivers? was thy wrath against the sea, that thou didst ride upon thine horses and thy chariots of salvation?
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Typified by the bronze serpent
- Numbers 21:4-9 And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way. 5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. 6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. 7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. ...
- John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
UNCLASSIFIED SCRIPTURES RELATING TO
- Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
- Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
- Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
- Deuteronomy 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
- Also 2 Samuel 14:14; 1 Kings 8:41-43; 1 Chronicles 16:35; 2 Chronicles 6:41; Psalm 3:8; 36:8-9; 37:39; 46:4; 63:5-6; 65:4; 68:18-20; 86:13; 90:14; 91:16; 95:1; 98:2-3; 106:8; 107:9; 121; 132:16; Proverbs 1:20-21; 8:1-5; 9:1-6; Isaiah 1:18; 2:5; 25:6-7; 29:18-19,24; 32:1-4; 35:8; 44:3; 45:17; 46:12-13; 49:10-11; 50:10; 51:4-5; 52:10,15; 55:1-3,6-7; 56:1,6-8; 57:18-19; 61:1-3; 63:9; Jeremiah 3:23; 21:8; Ezekiel 18:32; Joel 2:32; Amos 5:4; Zechariah 14:8; Malachi 4:2; Matthew 1:21; 3:9; 11:28-30; 18:14; 21:31; 22:9-10,14; 23:37; 24:14; 28:19; Mark 2:17; 16:15-16; Luke 2:10,31-32; 3:6; 5:31-32; 7:47; 13:29-30; 14:16-24; 15:2,4-32; 19:10; 24:47; John 1:7; 3:14-17; 4:14,22; 5:40; 6:35,37; 7:37-38; 10:16; 11:51-52; 12:32; 15:4-5; Acts 2:39; 4:12; 5:20; 11:17-18; 13:26,38-39,47; 15:7-9,11; 16:17,30-31; 20:21; 28:28; Romans 1:5,14,16-17; 2:26; 3:21-26,28-30; 4; 5:1-2,15-21; 7:24-25; 9:30-33; 10:4,8-13; 11; 15:9,16; 1 Corinthians 1:18; 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17,20; 6:1,17; 7:10; Galatians 1:4; 2:16; 3:1-28; Ephesians 1:9-10,13; 2:1,3-5,8-9,14-15,17; 3:6,9; 5:14; Philippians 2:12; 3:7-11; Colossians 1:5-6,20-23,26-27; 3:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:8-10; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 1 Timothy 1:13,15-16; 2:3-6; 4:10; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; 2:10; 3:15; Titus 2:11; 3:3-7; Hebrews 1:14; 2:3,10; 4:1-10; 5:9; 7:25; James 1:21; 1 Peter 1:5,9-10; 2 Peter 3:9,15; 1 John 2:25; 4:9-10; 5:11; Jude 3; Revelation 3:17-18,20; 5:9; 7:9-10; 14:6; 21:6; 22:17.
- Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 19:16-21 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. ...
- Also Matthew 24:13; Mark 1:4; Luke 3:8; 14:25-33; 18:18-26; John 3:3-12,14-18; 5:24; 6:28-29,47; 9:35; 11:25-26; 12:36; 20:31; Acts 2:38; 3:19,23.
- Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
- John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
- John 6:44-45 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
- John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
- John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
- Also John 18:11; 19:28-30; Acts 3:18; 17:3; Romans 1:16-17; 10:3-9; 16:25-26; 1 Corinthians 1:21-25; 2:7-9; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:3-23; 2:4-10; 3:1-11; 6:19; Colossians 1:19-23,26-27; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 1 Timothy 3:16; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; Hebrews 2:9-10,14-18; 6:17-20; Revelation 5:2-5; 10:7.