Regeneration in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Deuteronomy 29:4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
- Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
- 1 Kings 8:58 That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
- Psalm 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
- Psalm 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
- Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
- Psalm 65:3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.
- Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.
- Psalm 87:4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
- Psalm 87:6 The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.
- Psalm 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
- Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
- Proverbs 12:28 In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
- Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
- Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.
- Isaiah 1:16-17 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
- Isaiah 1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
- Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
- Isaiah 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
- Isaiah 26:12 LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
- Isaiah 29:23 But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
- Isaiah 32:3-4 And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. 4 The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly.
- Also Isaiah 32:15,17; 35:5-6; 42:16; 43:7; 44:3-5; 49:9; 55:1-3; Jeremiah 13:23; 17:13-14; 24:7; 31:3,33-34; 32:38-40; 33:6; Ezekiel 11:19-20; 16:9; 18:31; 36:26-27,29; 37:1-14; 44:7,9; Zechariah 12:10; Matthew 12:33-35,43-44; 13:23,33; 18:3; Mark 4:20,26-29; 5:19-20; 10:15; Luke 1:16-17; 8:35,38-39; 13:21; 18:17; John 1:4,13,16; 3:3-8; 4:10,14; 5:24; 6:44-45,47,50-51,57; 8:12,32,36; 10:9-10; 13:8; 15:1,3; 17:2; Acts 2:38,47; 3:26; 11:17,21; 15:9; 16:14; 21:19; 26:18; Romans 2:28-29; 6:3-23; 7:6,24-25; 8:2-6,9,13-16; 12:2; 15:16; 1 Corinthians 1:9,24,30; 2:12,14-16; 3:6-7,9; 6:11; 12:6,13; 15:10; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; 3:3,18; 4:6; 5:5,17; Galatians 2:20; 4:29; 6:15; Ephesians 2:1,5,8,10; 4:7-8,16,21-24; 5:14; Philippians 1:6; Colossians 2:11-13; 3:9-10; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; Titus 3:5-6; Hebrews 4:1-12; 8:10-11; 10:16-17,22-23; James 1:18; 5:19-20; 1 Peter 1:2-3,22-23; 2:3; 2 Peter 1:3-4; 1 John 2:27,29; 3:9,14; 4:7; 5:1,4-5,11-12,18.
- Genesis 32:29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
- 1 Samuel 10:9 And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.
Saul of Tarsus
- Acts 9:3-18 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. ...
All righteous persons