Sin in the Bible
1. Desert of, a wilderness between Elim and Sinai
The people of Israel journey through
- Exodus 16:1 And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt.
⇒Definition of sin
The complaint for bread in
- Exodus 16:2 And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:
⇒"Sin" Bible Outline
Manna and quail given in
- Exodus 16:4-36 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no. 5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily. 6 And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt: 7 And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us? ...
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Sin.
- Numbers 26:64 But among these there was not a man of them whom Moses and Aaron the priest numbered, when they numbered the children of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai.
2. A city of Egypt
- Ezekiel 30:15 And I will pour my fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No.