Peace in the Bible
- Genesis 13:8-9 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren. 9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
- Genesis 26:29 That thou wilt do us no hurt, as we have not touched thee, and as we have done unto thee nothing but good, and have sent thee away in peace: thou art now the blessed of the LORD.
- Esther 10:3 For Mordecai the Jew was next unto king Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews, and accepted of the multitude of his brethren, seeking the wealth of his people, and speaking peace to all his seed.
- Psalms 120:7 I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.
See NATION, PEACE OF
- Genesis 45:24 So he sent his brethren away, and they departed: and he said unto them, See that ye fall not out by the way.
- Leviticus 26:6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
- Job 5:23-24 For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee. 24 And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace; and thou shalt visit thy habitation, and shalt not sin.
- Psalms 34:14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
- Psalms 120:6-7 My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace. 7 I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.
- Psalms 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
- Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellers of peace is joy.
- Proverbs 15:17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
- Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
- Proverbs 17:1 Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.
- Proverbs 17:14 The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.
- Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
- Ecclesiastes 4:6 Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.
- Isaiah 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- Also Isaiah 45:7; Jeremiah 29:7; Hosea 2:18; Zechariah 8:19; Matthew 5:9; 10:21-22,34-36; Mark 9:50; Luke 2:14; Acts 7:26-29; 17:7-9; Romans 12:18; 14:19; 1 Corinthians 14:33; 2 Corinthians 13:11; Ephesians 4:3; 1 Thessalonians 5:13; 1 Timothy 2:2; 2 Timothy 2:22; Hebrews 12:14; James 3:17-18; 1 Peter 3:10-11.
- Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
- Job 22:26 For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
- Job 34:29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only:
- Psalms 1:1-2 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
- Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
- Psalms 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
- Psalms 25:12-13 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose. 13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
- Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
- Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Psalms 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- Psalms 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
- Psalms 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- Psalms 85:8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
- Also Psalms 119:165; 125:1,5; Proverbs 3:13-18,24; 14:14; Isaiah 9:6; 11:6-9,13; 12:1-2; 25:7-8; 26:3,12; 27:5; 28:12; 30:26; 32:2,17-18; 48:18; 53:5; 54:1,10,13; 55:2,12; 57:1-2,19; 60:20; Jeremiah 33:6; Ezekiel 34:25; Haggai 2:9; Malachi 2:5; Luke 1:79; 2:14; John 7:38; 14:27; 16:33; 20:19; Acts 10:36; Romans 2:10; 5:1; 8:6; 10:15; 14:17; 15:13,33; 1 Corinthians 1:3; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:3; 5:22; Ephesians 2:14-17; Philippians 4:7,9; Colossians 1:20; 3:15; 1 Thessalonians 1:1; 2 Thessalonians 3:16; 1 Timothy 1:2; 2 Timothy 1:2; Titus 1:4; Philemon 1:3; Revelation 1:4.