Preparation Day in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Matthew 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
- Mark 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
- Luke 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
- John 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
- John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
- John 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PREPARATION.
⇒Definition of preparation
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Preparation.