Gershon in the Bible
Also called GERSHOM Son of Levi
- Genesis 46:11 And the sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- Exodus 6:16-17 And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari: and the years of the life of Levi were an hundred thirty and seven years. 17 The sons of Gershon; Libni, and Shimi, according to their families.
- Numbers 3:17-26 And these were the sons of Levi by their names; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari. 18 And these are the names of the sons of Gershon by their families; Libni, and Shimei. 19 And the sons of Kohath by their families; Amram, and Izehar, Hebron, and Uzziel. 20 And the sons of Merari by their families; Mahli, and Mushi. These are the families of the Levites according to the house of their fathers. ...
- Numbers 4:22-28 Take also the sum of the sons of Gershon, throughout the houses of their fathers, by their families; 23 From thirty years old and upward until fifty years old shalt thou number them; all that enter in to perform the service, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation. 24 This is the service of the families of the Gershonites, to serve, and for burdens: 25 And they shall bear the curtains of the tabernacle, and the tabernacle of the congregation, his covering, and the covering of the badgers' skins that is above upon it, and the hanging for the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, ...
- Numbers 4:38 And those that were numbered of the sons of Gershon, throughout their families, and by the house of their fathers,
- Numbers 7:7 Two wagons and four oxen he gave unto the sons of Gershon, according to their service:
- Numbers 10:17 And the tabernacle was taken down; and the sons of Gershon and the sons of Merari set forward, bearing the tabernacle.
- Numbers 26:57 And these are they that were numbered of the Levites after their families: of Gershon, the family of the Gershonites: of Kohath, the family of the Kohathites: of Merari, the family of the Merarites.
- Joshua 21:6 And the children of Gershon had by lot out of the families of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the half tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.
- 1 Chronicles 6:1 The sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- 1 Chronicles 6:16-17 The sons of Levi; Gershom, Kohath, and Merari. 17 And these be the names of the sons of Gershom; Libni, and Shimei.
- 1 Chronicles 6:20 Of Gershom; Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son,
- 1 Chronicles 6:43 The son of Jahath, the son of Gershom, the son of Levi.
- 1 Chronicles 6:62 And to the sons of Gershom throughout their families out of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.
- 1 Chronicles 6:71 Unto the sons of Gershom were given out of the family of the half tribe of Manasseh, Golan in Bashan with her suburbs, and Ashtaroth with her suburbs:
- 1 Chronicles 15:7 Of the sons of Gershom; Joel the chief, and his brethren an hundred and thirty:
- Also 1 Chronicles 23:6.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GERSON.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Gershon.