Zur in the Bible
1. A prince of Midian
- Numbers 25:15 And the name of the Midianitish woman that was slain was Cozbi, the daughter of Zur; he was head over a people, and of a chief house in Midian.
- Numbers 25:18 For they vex you with their wiles, wherewith they have beguiled you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a prince of Midian, their sister, which was slain in the day of the plague for Peor's sake.
- Numbers 31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
- Joshua 13:21 And all the cities of the plain, and all the kingdom of Sihon king of the Amorites, which reigned in Heshbon, whom Moses smote with the princes of Midian, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, which were dukes of Sihon, dwelling in the country.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ZUR.
2. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 8:30 And his firstborn son Abdon, and Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Nadab,
- 1 Chronicles 9:36 And his firstborn son Abdon, then Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Ner, and Nadab,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Zur.