Zorah in the Bible
Also called ZAREAH and ZOREAH A city of the tribe of Dan or possibly the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:33 And in the valley, Eshtaol, and Zoreah, and Ashnah,
- Joshua 19:41 And the coast of their inheritance was Zorah, and Eshtaol, and Irshemesh,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ZORAH.
The city of Samson
- Judges 13:2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not.
- Judges 13:24-25 And the woman bare a son, and called his name Samson: and the child grew, and the LORD blessed him. 25 And the Spirit of the LORD began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
- Judges 16:31 Then his brethren and all the house of his father came down, and took him, and brought him up, and buried him between Zorah and Eshtaol in the buryingplace of Manoah his father. And he judged Israel twenty years.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Zorah.
Representatives of the tribe of Dan sent from, to spy out the land with a view to its conquest
- Judges 18 In those days there was no king in Israel: and in those days the tribe of the Danites sought them an inheritance to dwell in; for unto that day all their inheritance had not fallen unto them among the tribes of Israel. 2 And the children of Dan sent of their family five men from their coasts, men of valour, from Zorah, and from Eshtaol, to spy out the land, and to search it; and they said unto them, Go, search the land: who when they came to mount Ephraim, to the house of Micah, they lodged there. 3 When they were by the house of Micah, they knew the voice of the young man the Levite: and they turned in thither, and said unto him, Who brought thee hither? and what makest thou in this place? and what hast thou here? 4 And he said unto them, Thus and thus dealeth Micah with me, and hath hired me, and I am his priest. ...
Fortified by Rehoboam
- 2 Chronicles 11:10 And Zorah, and Aijalon, and Hebron, which are in Judah and in Benjamin fenced cities.
Re-populated after the captivity
- Nehemiah 11:29 And at Enrimmon, and at Zareah, and at Jarmuth,