Ziklag in the Bible
A city within the territory allotted to the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:31 And Ziklag, and Madmannah, and Sansannah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ZIKLAG.
Re-allotted to the tribe of Simeon
- Joshua 19:5 And Ziklag, and Bethmarcaboth, and Hazarsusah,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ziklag.
David lives at
- 1 Samuel 27:5-6 And David said unto Achish, If I have now found grace in thine eyes, let them give me a place in some town in the country, that I may dwell there: for why should thy servant dwell in the royal city with thee? 6 Then Achish gave him Ziklag that day: wherefore Ziklag pertaineth unto the kings of Judah unto this day.
- 2 Samuel 1:1 Now it came to pass after the death of Saul, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Amalekites, and David had abode two days in Ziklag;
- 1 Chronicles 12:1 Now these are they that came to David to Ziklag, while he yet kept himself close because of Saul the son of Kish: and they were among the mighty men, helpers of the war.
- 1 Samuel 30 And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; 2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. 3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. 4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. ...
Inhabited by the returned exiles of Judah
- Nehemiah 11:28 And at Ziklag, and at Mekonah, and in the villages thereof,