Zichri in the Bible
1. Son of Izhar
- Exodus 6:21 And the sons of Izhar; Korah, and Nepheg, and Zichri.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ZICHRI.
2. Three Benjamites
- 1 Chronicles 8:19 And Jakim, and Zichri, and Zabdi,
- 1 Chronicles 8:23 And Abdon, and Zichri, and Hanan,
- 1 Chronicles 8:27 And Jaresiah, and Eliah, and Zichri, the sons of Jeroham.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Zichri.
3. A Levite
- 1 Chronicles 9:15 And Bakbakkar, Heresh, and Galal, and Mattaniah the son of Micah, the son of Zichri, the son of Asaph;
4. Two chiefs in the days of David
- 1 Chronicles 26:25 And his brethren by Eliezer; Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son.
- 1 Chronicles 27:16 Furthermore over the tribes of Israel: the ruler of the Reubenites was Eliezer the son of Zichri: of the Simeonites, Shephatiah the son of Maachah:
5. Father of Amasiah
- 2 Chronicles 17:16 And next him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself unto the LORD; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valour.
6. Father of Elishaphat
- 2 Chronicles 23:1 And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.
7. An Ephraimite
- 2 Chronicles 28 Ahaz was twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem: but he did not that which was right in the sight of the LORD, like David his father: 2 For he walked in the ways of the kings of Israel, and made also molten images for Baalim. 3 Moreover he burnt incense in the valley of the son of Hinnom, and burnt his children in the fire, after the abominations of the heathen whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel. 4 He sacrificed also and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree. ...
8. Father of Joel
- Nehemiah 11:9 And Joel the son of Zichri was their overseer: and Judah the son of Senuah was second over the city.
9. A priest
- Nehemiah 12:17 Of Abijah, Zichri; of Miniamin, of Moadiah, Piltai;