Zaccur in the Bible
1. A Reubenite
- Numbers 13:4 And these were their names: of the tribe of Reuben, Shammua the son of Zaccur.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ZACCUR.
2. Also called ZACCHUR, which see
3. A Merarite
- 1 Chronicles 24:27 The sons of Merari by Jaaziah; Beno, and Shoham, and Zaccur, and Ibri.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Zacchur.
4. Son of Asaph
- 1 Chronicles 25:2 Of the sons of Asaph; Zaccur, and Joseph, and Nethaniah, and Asarelah, the sons of Asaph under the hands of Asaph, which prophesied according to the order of the king.
- 1 Chronicles 25:10 The third to Zaccur, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
- Nehemiah 12:35 And certain of the priests' sons with trumpets; namely, Zechariah the son of Jonathan, the son of Shemaiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Michaiah, the son of Zaccur, the son of Asaph:
5. Son of Imri
- Nehemiah 3:2 And next unto him builded the men of Jericho. And next to them builded Zaccur the son of Imri.