Worm in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Exodus 16:20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.
- Exodus 16:24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
- Jonah 4:7 But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered.
⇒Definition of worm
Herod Agrippa I was eaten by, (Josephus confirmed this)
- Acts 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Worm.
- Job 25:6 How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?
- Isaiah 41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
- Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
- Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- Mark 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.