Weights in the Bible
Must be just
- Leviticus 19:35-36 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure. 36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
- Deuteronomy 25:13-15 Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small. 14 Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small. 15 But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Proverbs 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
- Proverbs 16:11 A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work.
- Proverbs 20:10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.
- Proverbs 20:23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
- Micah 6:10-11 Are there yet the treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, and the scant measure that is abominable? 11 Shall I count them pure with the wicked balances, and with the bag of deceitful weights?