Washing in the Bible
Of hands, a token of innocence
- Deuteronomy 21:6 And all the elders of that city, that are next unto the slain man, shall wash their hands over the heifer that is beheaded in the valley:
- Psalm 26:6 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
- Psalm 73:13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
- Matthew 27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
- Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Proverbs 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
- Isaiah 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
- Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
- Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
- 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
- Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
- Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;