Uz in the Bible
1. Son of Aram
- Genesis 10:23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- 1 Chronicles 1:17 The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Uz.
2. Son of Nahor
- Genesis 22:21 Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
In the A. V., called Huz
3. Son of Dishan
- Genesis 36:28 The children of Dishan are these; Uz, and Aran.
- 1 Chronicles 1:42 The sons of Ezer; Bilhan, and Zavan, and Jakan. The sons of Dishan; Uz, and Aran.
4. A country of unknown location
Home of Job
- Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
- Jeremiah 25:20 And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
- Lamentations 4:21 Rejoice and be glad, O daughter of Edom, that dwellest in the land of Uz; the cup also shall pass through unto thee: thou shalt be drunken, and shalt make thyself naked.