Tiberias in the Bible
1. A city next to Lake Galilee
- John 6:23 (Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks:)
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TIBERIAS.
2. The sea of, a name given to Lake Galilee
- John 6:1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias.
- John 21:1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself.
See GALILEE, Number two
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Tiberias.