Teman in the Bible
1. Son of Eliphaz
- Genesis 36:11 And the sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, and Kenaz.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TEMAN.
2. Also called TEMANI and TEMANITES
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Temani.
A people supposed to be descended from Teman, son of Eliphaz
- Genesis 36:34 And Jobab died, and Husham of the land of Temani reigned in his stead.
- Job 2:11 Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him.
- Jeremiah 49:7 Concerning Edom, thus saith the LORD of hosts; Is wisdom no more in Teman? is counsel perished from the prudent? is their wisdom vanished?
- Ezekiel 25:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also stretch out mine hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it; and I will make it desolate from Teman; and they of Dedan shall fall by the sword.
- Amos 1:12 But I will send a fire upon Teman, which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.
- Obadiah 9 And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
- Habakkuk 3:3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.