Teeth in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 10:26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TEBETH.
Gnashing (grinding) of, usually signifying anger or extreme pain
- Job 16:9 He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
- Psalm 35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
- Psalm 37:12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
- Psalm 112:10 The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.
- Lamentations 2:16 All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it.
- Matthew 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Matthew 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- Matthew 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Matthew 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Mark 9:18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
- Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
- Acts 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
⇒Definition of teeth
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Tebeth.