Tears in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Psalm 6:6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
- Psalm 39:12 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
- Psalm 42:3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TEARS.
Observed by God
- Psalm 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
- Isaiah 38:3-5 And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. 4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying, 5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
⇒Definition of tear
- Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Tears.
None in heaven
- Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- Psalm 80:5 Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink in great measure.