Tahpanhes in the Bible
Also called TAHAPANES and TEHAPHNEHES A city in Egypt
- Jeremiah 2:16 Also the children of Noph and Tahapanes have broken the crown of thy head.
- Jeremiah 43:7-9 So they came into the land of Egypt: for they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: thus came they even to Tahpanhes. 8 Then came the word of the LORD unto Jeremiah in Tahpanhes, saying, 9 Take great stones in thine hand, and hide them in the clay in the brickkiln, which is at the entry of Pharaoh's house in Tahpanhes, in the sight of the men of Judah;
- Jeremiah 44:1 The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the Jews which dwell in the land of Egypt, which dwell at Migdol, and at Tahpanhes, and at Noph, and in the country of Pathros, saying,
- Jeremiah 46:14 Declare ye in Egypt, and publish in Migdol, and publish in Noph and in Tahpanhes: say ye, Stand fast, and prepare thee; for the sword shall devour round about thee.
- Ezekiel 30:18 At Tehaphnehes also the day shall be darkened, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt: and the pomp of her strength shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for TAHPANHES.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Tahpanhes.