Stocks in the Bible
Feet fastened in, as a punishment
- Job 13:27 Thou puttest my feet also in the stocks, and lookest narrowly unto all my paths; thou settest a print upon the heels of my feet.
- Job 33:11 He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths.
- Proverbs 7:22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for STOCK.
- Jeremiah 20:2 Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.
- Acts 16:24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
⇒Definition of stocks
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Stocks.