Socoh in the Bible
1. Also called SHOCHO, SHOCHOH, SHOCO, SOCHOH
A city of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:35 Jarmuth, and Adullam, Socoh, and Azekah,
- 1 Samuel 17:1 Now the Philistines gathered together their armies to battle, and were gathered together at Shochoh, which belongeth to Judah, and pitched between Shochoh and Azekah, in Ephesdammim.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SOCHO.
One of Solomon's commissaries in
- 1 Kings 4:10 The son of Hesed, in Aruboth; to him pertained Sochoh, and all the land of Hepher:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Socoh.
Rebuilt and fortified by Rehoboam
- 2 Chronicles 11:7 And Bethzur, and Shoco, and Adullam,
Captured by Philistines
- 2 Chronicles 28:18 The Philistines also had invaded the cities of the low country, and of the south of Judah, and had taken Bethshemesh, and Ajalon, and Gederoth, and Shocho with the villages thereof, and Timnah with the villages thereof, Gimzo also and the villages thereof: and they dwelt there.
2. A city in the mountains of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:48 And in the mountains, Shamir, and Jattir, and Socoh,