Shua in the Bible
1. A Canaanite and the father-in-law of Judah
- Genesis 38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.
- Genesis 38:12 And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah's wife died; and Judah was comforted, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHUAL.
R. V., A. V. SHUAH)
- 1 Chronicles 2:3 The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: which three were born unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shua.
2. Daughter of Heber
- 1 Chronicles 7:32 And Heber begat Japhlet, and Shomer, and Hotham, and Shua their sister.