Shimri in the Bible
1. Head of a family in the tribe of Simeon
- 1 Chronicles 4:37-38 And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah; 38 These mentioned by their names were princes in their families: and the house of their fathers increased greatly.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHIMRI.
2. Father of one of David's mighty men
- 1 Chronicles 11:45 Jediael the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother, the Tizite,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shimri.
3. A Merarite (in A. V., called SIMRI)
- 1 Chronicles 26:10 Also Hosah, of the children of Merari, had sons; Simri the chief, (for though he was not the firstborn, yet his father made him the chief;)
4. A Levite in the time of Hezekiah
- 2 Chronicles 29:13 And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah: