Shema in the Bible
1. A city of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:26 Amam, and Shema, and Moladah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHEM.
2. A son of Hebron
- 1 Chronicles 2:43-44 And the sons of Hebron; Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema. 44 And Shema begat Raham, the father of Jorkoam: and Rekem begat Shammai.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shema.
3. Son of Joel
- 1 Chronicles 5:8 And Bela the son of Azaz, the son of Shema, the son of Joel, who dwelt in Aroer, even unto Nebo and Baalmeon:
- 1 Chronicles 5:4 The sons of Joel; Shemaiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son,
4. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 8:13 Beriah also, and Shema, who were heads of the fathers of the inhabitants of Aijalon, who drove away the inhabitants of Gath:
5. A man who stood at the right hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people
- Nehemiah 8:4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.