Shelomith in the Bible
1. Mother of a blasphemer
- Leviticus 24:11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:)
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHELOMITH.
2. Daughter of Zerubbabel
- 1 Chronicles 3:19 And the sons of Pedaiah were, Zerubbabel, and Shimei: and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, and Shelomith their sister:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shelomith.
3. Son of Shimei
- 1 Chronicles 23:9 The sons of Shimei; Shelomith, and Haziel, and Haran, three. These were the chief of the fathers of Laadan.
4. A son of Izhar
- 1 Chronicles 23:18 Of the sons of Izhar; Shelomith the chief.
- 1 Chronicles 24:22 Of the Izharites; Shelomoth: of the sons of Shelomoth; Jahath.
5. A descendant of Eliezer
- 1 Chronicles 26:25-26 And his brethren by Eliezer; Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son. 26 Which Shelomith and his brethren were over all the treasures of the dedicated things, which David the king, and the chief fathers, the captains over thousands and hundreds, and the captains of the host, had dedicated.
- 1 Chronicles 26:28 And all that Samuel the seer, and Saul the son of Kish, and Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah, had dedicated; and whosoever had dedicated any thing, it was under the hand of Shelomith, and of his brethren.
6. A son (daughter?) of Rehoboam
- 2 Chronicles 11:20 And after her he took Maachah the daughter of Absalom; which bare him Abijah, and Attai, and Ziza, and Shelomith.
7. Ancestor of a family that returned with Ezra from the captivity in Babylon
- Ezra 8:10 And of the sons of Shelomith; the son of Josiphiah, and with him an hundred and threescore males.