Shebaniah in the Bible
1. A priest in the time of David
- 1 Chronicles 15:24 And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obededom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHEBANIAH.
2. A Levite who joined Nehemiah in covenant
- Nehemiah 9:4-5 Then stood up upon the stairs, of the Levites, Jeshua, and Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, and Chenani, and cried with a loud voice unto the LORD their God. 5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
- Nehemiah 10:10 And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shebaniah.
3. A priest who joined Nehemiah in covenant
- Nehemiah 10:4 Hattush, Shebaniah, Malluch,
- Nehemiah 12:14 Of Melicu, Jonathan; of Shebaniah, Joseph;
4. A Levite who joined Nehemiah in covenant
- Nehemiah 10:12 Zaccur, Sherebiah, Shebaniah,