Shaphat in the Bible
1. The representative of the tribe of Simeon among the spies sent into Canaan
- Numbers 13:5 Of the tribe of Simeon, Shaphat the son of Hori.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHAPHAT.
2. Father of Elisha
- 1 Kings 19:16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.
- 1 Kings 19:19 So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.
- 2 Kings 3:11 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may inquire of the LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
- 2 Kings 6:31 Then he said, God do so and more also to me, if the head of Elisha the son of Shaphat shall stand on him this day.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shaphat.
3. Son of Shemaiah
- 1 Chronicles 3:22 And the sons of Shechaniah; Shemaiah: and the sons of Shemaiah; Hattush, and Igeal, and Bariah, and Neariah, and Shaphat, six.
4. A Gadite
- 1 Chronicles 5:12 Joel the chief, and Shapham the next, and Jaanai, and Shaphat in Bashan.
5. Son of Adlai
- 1 Chronicles 27:29 And over the herds that fed in Sharon was Shitrai the Sharonite: and over the herds that were in the valleys was Shaphat the son of Adlai: