Shammah in the Bible
1. Son of Reuel
- Genesis 36:13 And these are the sons of Reuel; Nahath, and Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah: these were the sons of Bashemath Esau's wife.
- Genesis 36:17 And these are the sons of Reuel Esau's son; duke Nahath, duke Zerah, duke Shammah, duke Mizzah: these are the dukes that came of Reuel in the land of Edom; these are the sons of Bashemath Esau's wife.
- 1 Chronicles 1:37 The sons of Reuel; Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for SHAMMAH.
2. David's brother
- 1 Samuel 16:9 Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this.
- 1 Samuel 17:13 And the three eldest sons of Jesse went and followed Saul to the battle: and the names of his three sons that went to the battle were Eliab the firstborn, and next unto him Abinadab, and the third Shammah.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Shammah.
- 2 Samuel 13:3 But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.
- 2 Samuel 13:32 And Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother, answered and said, Let not my lord suppose that they have slain all the young men the king's sons; for Amnon only is dead: for by the appointment of Absalom this hath been determined from the day that he forced his sister Tamar.
- 2 Samuel 21:21 And when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea the brother of David slew him.
- 1 Chronicles 2:13 And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third,
- 1 Chronicles 20:7 But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David's brother slew him.
3. One of David's mighty men, son of Agee
- 2 Samuel 23:11-12 And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of ground full of lentiles: and the people fled from the Philistines. 12 But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the LORD wrought a great victory.
4. One of David's mighty men
- 2 Samuel 23:25 Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite,
- 1 Chronicles 11:27 Shammoth the Harorite, Helez the Pelonite,
5. A Hararite, one of David's mighty men
- 2 Samuel 23:33 Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the son of Sharar the Hararite,