Respect in the Bible
To the aged
- Leviticus 19:32 Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
- Proverbs 25:6 Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men:
To an army
- Luke 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
To one another
- Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
- Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
- 1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.