Rapha in the Bible
1. Son of Benjamin
- 1 Chronicles 8:2 Nohah the fourth, and Rapha the fifth.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Rapha.
2. Also called REPHAIAH
A descendant of Jonathan
- 1 Chronicles 8:37 And Moza begat Binea: Rapha was his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son:
- 1 Chronicles 9:43 And Moza begat Binea; and Rephaiah his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son.
3. An ancestor of certain Philistine warriors, (margins)
- 2 Samuel 21:16 And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David.
- 2 Samuel 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.
- 2 Samuel 21:22 These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.
- 1 Chronicles 20:4 And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued.
- 1 Chronicles 20:6 And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant.
- 1 Chronicles 20:8 These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.