Rabsaris in the Bible
1. A title of an Assyrian officer
Sent by Sennacherib against Jerusalem
- 2 Kings 18:17 And the king of Assyria sent Tartan and Rabsaris and Rabshakeh from Lachish to king Hezekiah with a great host against Jerusalem. And they went up and came to Jerusalem. And when they were come up, they came and stood by the conduit of the upper pool, which is in the highway of the fuller's field.
2. An Assyrian prince during the time of Nebuchadnezzar, or, possibly, a second name given to Nebushazban (also spelled NEBO-SARSEKIM or SARSEKIM, N. I. V.)
- Jeremiah 39:3 And all the princes of the king of Babylon came in, and sat in the middle gate, even Nergalsharezer, Samgarnebo, Sarsechim, Rabsaris, Nergalsharezer, Rabmag, with all the residue of the princes of the king of Babylon.
- Jeremiah 39:13 So Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard sent, and Nebushasban, Rabsaris, and Nergalsharezer, Rabmag, and all the king of Babylon's princes;