Poverty in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 6:11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
- Proverbs 10:15 The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
- Proverbs 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
- Proverbs 16:8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
- Ecclesiastes 4:6 Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.
- Proverbs 20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
- Proverbs 23:21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
- Proverbs 24:33-34 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.
- Proverbs 28:19 He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that followeth after vain persons shall have poverty enough.
- Proverbs 30:8-9 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: 9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
See POOR, THE