Physician in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- 2 Chronicles 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
- Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
- Mark 5:26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
- Luke 8:43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PHYSICIAN.
- Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- Luke 4:23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
⇒Definition of physician
Luke, a physician
- Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Physician.
- Job 13:4 But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.
- Jeremiah 8:22 Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
- Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.