Pethahiah in the Bible
1. A priest during the reign of David
- 1 Chronicles 24:16 The nineteenth to Pethahiah, the twentieth to Jehezekel,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PETHAHIAH.
2. A Levite who divorced his Gentile wife
- Ezra 10:23 Also of the Levites; Jozabad, and Shimei, and Kelaiah, (the same is Kelita,) Pethahiah, Judah, and Eliezer.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Pethahiah.
Probably identical with the one mentioned
- Nehemiah 9:5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
3. A counselor of Artaxerxes
- Nehemiah 11:24 And Pethahiah the son of Meshezabeel, of the children of Zerah the son of Judah, was at the king's hand in all matters concerning the people.