Penuel in the Bible
1. Also called PENIEL
City built where Jacob wrestled with the angel
- Genesis 32:31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.
- Judges 8:8-9 And he went up thence to Penuel, and spake unto them likewise: and the men of Penuel answered him as the men of Succoth had answered him. 9 And he spake also unto the men of Penuel, saying, When I come again in peace, I will break down this tower.
- Judges 8:17 And he beat down the tower of Penuel, and slew the men of the city.
- 1 Kings 12:25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PENUEL.
2. Chief of Gedor
- 1 Chronicles 4:4 And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah, the father of Bethlehem.
⇒Definition of pen
3. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 8:25 And Iphedeiah, and Penuel, the sons of Shashak;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Penuel.