Paseah in the Bible
1. Also called PHASEAH
A son of Eshton
- 1 Chronicles 4:12 And Eshton begat Bethrapha, and Paseah, and Tehinnah the father of Irnahash. These are the men of Rechah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for PASEAH.
2. Ancestor of a family which returned to Jerusalem from captivity in Babylon
- Ezra 2:49 The children of Uzza, the children of Paseah, the children of Besai,
- Nehemiah 7:51 The children of Gazzam, the children of Uzza, the children of Phaseah,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Paseah.
3. Father of Jehoiada, probably identical with number two
- Nehemiah 3:6 Moreover the old gate repaired Jehoiada the son of Paseah, and Meshullam the son of Besodeiah; they laid the beams thereof, and set up the doors thereof, and the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.