Owl in the Bible
(A carnivorous bird) Unclean
- Leviticus 11:16-17 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, 17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
- Deuteronomy 14:16 The little owl, and the great owl, and the swan,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for OWL.
In R. V. ostrich is substituted
- Leviticus 11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
- Deuteronomy 14:15 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
- Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
- Isaiah 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
- Isaiah 34:11 But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
- Isaiah 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.
- Isaiah 43:20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
- Jeremiah 50:39 Therefore the wild beasts of the desert with the wild beasts of the islands shall dwell there, and the owls shall dwell therein: and it shall be no more inhabited for ever; neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation.
- Micah 1:8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
⇒Definition of owl
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Owl.