Obed in the Bible
1. Son of Boaz and grandfather of David
- Ruth 4:17-22 And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David. 18 Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begat Hezron, 19 And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab, 20 And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon, ...
- 1 Chronicles 2:12 And Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat Jesse,
- Matthew 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
- Luke 3:32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for OBED.
2. Son of Ephlal and grandson of Zabad
- 1 Chronicles 2:37-38 And Zabad begat Ephlal, and Ephlal begat Obed, 38 And Obed begat Jehu, and Jehu begat Azariah,
⇒Definition of ob
3. One of David's heroes
- 1 Chronicles 11:47 Eliel, and Obed, and Jasiel the Mesobaite.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Obed.
4. Son of Shemaiah. A gatekeeper of the temple
- 1 Chronicles 26:7 The sons of Shemaiah; Othni, and Rephael, and Obed, Elzabad, whose brethren were strong men, Elihu, and Semachiah.
5. Father of Azariah
- 2 Chronicles 23:1 And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.