Nob in the Bible
A city of the tribe of Benjamin
- Nehemiah 11:31-32 The children also of Benjamin from Geba dwelt at Michmash, and Aija, and Bethel, and in their villages, 32 And at Anathoth, Nob, Ananiah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for NOB.
Called "the city of the priests,"
- 1 Samuel 22:19 And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Nob.
The home of Ahimelech, the priest
- 1 Samuel 21:1 Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech was afraid at the meeting of David, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee?
- 1 Samuel 22:11 Then the king sent to call Ahimelech the priest, the son of Ahitub, and all his father's house, the priests that were in Nob: and they came all of them to the king.
Probable seat of the tabernacle in Saul's time
- 1 Samuel 21:4 And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women.
- 1 Samuel 21:6 So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away.
- 1 Samuel 21:9 And the priest said, The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom thou slewest in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod: if thou wilt take that, take it: for there is no other save that here. And David said, There is none like that; give it me.
Destroyed by Saul
- 2 Samuel 22:19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
- Isaiah 10:32 As yet shall he remain at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.