Nahath in the Bible
1. Son of Reuel
- Genesis 36:13 And these are the sons of Reuel; Nahath, and Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah: these were the sons of Bashemath Esau's wife.
- Genesis 36:17 And these are the sons of Reuel Esau's son; duke Nahath, duke Zerah, duke Shammah, duke Mizzah: these are the dukes that came of Reuel in the land of Edom; these are the sons of Bashemath Esau's wife.
- 1 Chronicles 1:37 The sons of Reuel; Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for NAHATH.
2. Also called TOAH and TOHU
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Nahath.
- 1 Chronicles 6:26 As for Elkanah: the sons of Elkanah; Zophai his son, and Nahath his son,
- 1 Chronicles 6:34 The son of Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Eliel, the son of Toah,
- 1 Samuel 1:1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:
3. A Levite and overseer of the secured offerings
- 2 Chronicles 31:13 And Jehiel, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth, and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and Benaiah, were overseers under the hand of Cononiah and Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king, and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
Spelled MATHAH in the N. I. V