Michmash in the Bible
A city of the tribe of Benjamin
- 1 Samuel 13:5 And the Philistines gathered themselves together to fight with Israel, thirty thousand chariots, and six thousand horsemen, and people as the sand which is on the sea shore in multitude: and they came up, and pitched in Michmash, eastward from Bethaven.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MICHMASH.
People of the captivity return to, and dwell in
- Ezra 2:27 The men of Michmas, an hundred twenty and two.
- Nehemiah 11:31 The children also of Benjamin from Geba dwelt at Michmash, and Aija, and Bethel, and in their villages,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Michmash.
Prophesy concerning the king of Assyria storing his baggage at
- Isaiah 10:28 He is come to Aiath, he is passed to Migron; at Michmash he hath laid up his carriages:
Is garrisoned by Saul
- 1 Samuel 13:2 Saul chose him three thousand men of Israel; whereof two thousand were with Saul in Michmash and in mount Bethel, and a thousand were with Jonathan in Gibeah of Benjamin: and the rest of the people he sent every man to his tent.
Philistines killed at, by Jonathan
- 1 Samuel 14:31 And they smote the Philistines that day from Michmash to Aijalon: and the people were very faint.