Meraioth in the Bible
1. A high priest of the line of Eleazar
- 1 Chronicles 6:6-7 And Uzzi begat Zerahiah, and Zerahiah begat Meraioth, 7 Meraioth begat Amariah, and Amariah begat Ahitub,
- 1 Chronicles 6:52 Meraioth his son, Amariah his son, Ahitub his son,
- Ezra 7:3 The son of Amariah, the son of Azariah, the son of Meraioth,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MERAIOTH.
Probably identical with the priest of same name in
- 1 Chronicles 9:11 And Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God;
- Nehemiah 11:11 Seraiah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, was the ruler of the house of God.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Meraioth.
2. A priest in the time of Joiakim
- Nehemiah 12:15 Of Harim, Adna; of Meraioth, Helkai;