Mareshah in the Bible
1. A city of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:44 And Keilah, and Achzib, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages:
- 2 Chronicles 11:8 And Gath, and Mareshah, and Ziph,
- 2 Chronicles 14:9-10 And there came out against them Zerah the Ethiopian with an host of a thousand thousand, and three hundred chariots; and came unto Mareshah. 10 Then Asa went out against him, and they set the battle in array in the valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for MARESHAH.
Birthplace of Eliezer the prophet
- 2 Chronicles 20:37 Then Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, Because thou hast joined thyself with Ahaziah, the LORD hath broken thy works. And the ships were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Mareshah.
- Micah 1:15 Yet will I bring an heir unto thee, O inhabitant of Mareshah: he shall come unto Adullam the glory of Israel.
2. Father of Hebron
- 1 Chronicles 2:42 Now the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were, Mesha his firstborn, which was the father of Ziph; and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
3. A son of (or possibly a city) founded by, Laadah
- 1 Chronicles 4:21 The sons of Shelah the son of Judah were, Er the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of them that wrought fine linen, of the house of Ashbea,