Lod in the Bible
A city in the territory of the tribe of Benjamin
- 1 Chronicles 8:12 The sons of Elpaal; Eber, and Misham, and Shamed, who built Ono, and Lod, with the towns thereof:
- Ezra 2:33 The children of Lod, Hadid, and Ono, seven hundred twenty and five.
- Nehemiah 7:37 The children of Lod, Hadid, and Ono, seven hundred twenty and one.
- Nehemiah 11:35 Lod, and Ono, the valley of craftsmen.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Lod.
- Acts 9:38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.