Landmarks in the Bible
Protected from fraudulent removal
- Deuteronomy 19:14 Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.
- Deuteronomy 27:17 Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.
- Job 24:9 They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.
- Proverbs 22:28 Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
- Proverbs 23:10 Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:
- Hosea 5:10 The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for LANDMARK.
⇒Definition of landmark
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Landmark.