Lamech in the Bible
1. Father of Jabal, Jubal, and Tubal-Cain
- Genesis 4:18-24 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech. 19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. 21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. ...
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for LAMECH.
2. Son of Methuselah, and father of Noah, lived for seven-hundred and seventy-seven years
- Genesis 5:25-31 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: 26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters: 27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died. 28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: ...
- 1 Chronicles 1:3 Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
⇒Definition of lame
Ancestor of Jesus
- Luke 3:36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Lamech.