Kohath in the Bible
Son of Levi
- Genesis 46:11 And the sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- Exodus 6:16 And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari: and the years of the life of Levi were an hundred thirty and seven years.
Grandfather of Moses, Aaron, and Miriam
- Numbers 26:58-59 These are the families of the Levites: the family of the Libnites, the family of the Hebronites, the family of the Mahlites, the family of the Mushites, the family of the Korathites. And Kohath begat Amram. 59 And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, whom her mother bare to Levi in Egypt: and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister.
Father of the Kohathites, one of the divisions (shifts) of the Levites
- Exodus 6:18 And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel: and the years of the life of Kohath were an hundred thirty and three years.
- Numbers 3:19 And the sons of Kohath by their families; Amram, and Izehar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
- Numbers 3:27 And of Kohath was the family of the Amramites, and the family of the Izeharites, and the family of the Hebronites, and the family of the Uzzielites: these are the families of the Kohathites.