Kishon in the Bible
Also called KISON (A noted river of Palestine emptying into the Mediterranean Sea near the northern base of Mount Carmel) Sisera defeated at, and his army destroyed in
- Judges 4:7 And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand.
- Judges 4:13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
- Judges 5:21 The river of Kishon swept them away, that ancient river, the river Kishon. O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength.
- Psalm 83:9 Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for KISHON.
Prophets of Baal destroyed by Elijah at
- 1 Kings 18:40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Kishon.