Keilah in the Bible
1. One of a group of nine cities in the southern part of Palestine allotted to Judah
- Joshua 15:44 And Keilah, and Achzib, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for KEILAH.
Philistines make a predatory excursion against, after harvest
- 1 Samuel 23:1 Then they told David, saying, Behold, the Philistines fight against Keilah, and they rob the threshingfloors.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Keilah.
- 1 Samuel 23:2-13 Therefore David inquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go and smite these Philistines? And the LORD said unto David, Go, and smite the Philistines, and save Keilah. 3 And David's men said unto him, Behold, we be afraid here in Judah: how much more then if we come to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines? 4 Then David inquired of the LORD yet again. And the LORD answered him and said, Arise, go down to Keilah; for I will deliver the Philistines into thine hand. 5 So David and his men went to Keilah, and fought with the Philistines, and brought away their cattle, and smote them with a great slaughter. So David saved the inhabitants of Keilah. ...
Rulers of, aid in restoring the wall of Jerusalem after the captivity
- Nehemiah 3:17-18 After him repaired the Levites, Rehum the son of Bani. Next unto him repaired Hashabiah, the ruler of the half part of Keilah, in his part. 18 After him repaired their brethren, Bavai the son of Henadad, the ruler of the half part of Keilah.
2. A descendant of Caleb
- 1 Chronicles 4:19 And the sons of his wife Hodiah the sister of Naham, the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.